Monday, August 1, 2005

Fireworks - 神宮外苑花火大会

Tonight there was another big fireworks event, the Jingu Gaien Hanabi Taikai (神宮外苑花火大会). About 10'070 different fireworks were displayed in one hour. This time I was comfortably sitting on a beautiful terrace not so far from the main place, but far from the crowd and - more important! - far from the terrible heat at ground level.


This is my favourite picture.


In this picture, and in a few others below, there is an interesting rippling effect. I think it was due to the combination of high zoom (200mm), long exposure time (F/9, 1.6 secs in the picture above), not so expensive tripod, and wind.
But I like the final result, the picture is more interesting ^_^




The terrace has one drawback, though. In fact, the wind was pushing the smoke in our direction, so that in the long sequences we got more smoke than fireworks. Despite of this, the picture above suggests clouds and rain, and I like it.




My 2nd best.


My 3rd best.






Vulcan ^-^





And you? Which pictures do you like most?

2 comments:

  1. Probabilmente la seconda dall'alto.

    pmontra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max,you've made a fireworks fan of me.

    ReplyDelete